Spring has Sprung

Graphic by Katherine Chong ’25/The Choate News

What are you most looking forward to this Spring?

“I enjoy eating ice cream, so I am most looking forward to the ice cream that we could enjoy eating in warm weather.”

—Kara Wang ’24

“I am mostly looking forward to the amount of time that I could spend outside. Seeing as I live in the KEC, I enjoy walking back and forth to campus and, overall, the atmosphere that nature offers. I also enjoy taking naps in hammocks — very relaxing. Finally, I recommend the Otterpops that Walmart sells — very tasty and a good price!” 

—Megan Mitchell ’23

What is your favorite moment from Spring?

“I have played softball since I was very young, so I think I mostly remember the softball games I would have during the weekend and my family watching and supporting me. Currently, I am on the Choate softball team, so playing and practicing with my teammates have been a highlight in my spring term as well.”

—Gioia Segui ’25

“I enjoy seeing how our campus turns multiple shades of green as you can see how leaves pop out.  Additionally, a warm Saturday for a home track with the temperature raises the competitive spirits.” 

—Mr. James Davidson 

“Easter was my favorite spring holiday growing up because of how we would celebrate it. My dad’s side of the family would all drive down to my great-grandmother’s house. We called our great grandmother Gigi, and she would give us all hugs. My cousins would go on an egg hunt across the house and through the yard.” 

—Ella Morris ’25

Does your family have a Spring tradition?  

“[A] special tradition [in] my family has always been the first bike ride in spring; it is always fun to enjoy Connecticut that way. I also have vivid memories of seeing the cherry blossoms in Wooster, Connecticut.” 

—Rebecca Denhart ’23

“I have always enjoyed doing the most mundane activities outside. For example, reading or doing homework — doing it outside makes it so much better.” 

—Adam Fletcher ’25