Deerfield Day Preview

Girls’ Varsity Volleyball

“I am ready to take revenge on our heartbreaker loss two years ago. We lost 15-13 in the fifth set.” 

Valerie Guadian ’23

Girls’ Varsity Field Hockey

“​​Each year, I look forward to Deerfield Day as the best, hardest played game of the season. We expect it to be a cold morning, but we will bring the heat! We plan to shock them with eager play at the start and will hold strong in the backfield where we are led by seniors Gretchen Russell ’22, Hadley Rogers ’22, and Ellie Pyper ’22. Our attack is focused on disrupting the Deerfield defense and using every scoring opportunity to take down the Doors!” 

Coach Grace McGee

Girls’ Varsity Soccer

“The Girls Varsity Soccer team is looking forward to Deerfield Day! A day to show our pride and experience in a spectacular competitive atmosphere!” 

Coach Rick Koczak

Boys’ Varsity Soccer

“Even though this will be my first one, I am looking forward to the fierce and competitive atmosphere Deerfield Day possesses.” — Sean Dallaghan ’23

Boys’ Varsity Football

“This is my third Deerfield day since I’ve gotten to Choate, and this one is particularly sentimental, seeing as though it is my final Deerfield Day. As a member of the football team, I think what makes this one special is the opportunity we have in front of us. Anyone that was on team 120 remembers how it felt to lose to them in 2019, which resulted in us missing out on playing in a bowl game that year. That was our last experience as a football program before Covid-19 shut everything down. Now we have a fantastic opportunity to go back to their place and play them again. I don’t think we could be any more excited or grateful!” ­

Damian Carrano ’22