Departing Faculty – Ms. Laney Teaford

Photo by Jessie Goodwin/The Choate News

Ms. Laney Teaford began working at Choate Summer Programs as a Teaching Assistant whilst still studying at Williams College. She joined winter school as a teaching fellow in 2017. Having taught math at Choate for the past two years, Ms. Teaford will now return back to school to study education. “She has been a positive force in the classroom, and as an incoming freshman, she made me feel really welcome and at home in the Choate community,” Gwen Madill ’22 said.

Beyond the classroom, Ms. Teaford coaches track. “Ms. Teaford has been my hurdles coach for two years,” Evan Karas ’19 said. “When she came to Choate and began coaching track, she never really had experience with hurdles. So she talked to her coach back at Williams, who gave her some drills.”

Ms. Teaford then translated what she learned through this communication to her coaching at Choate. These new drills “made me better at hurdles,” Karas said. “She just introduces drills we have never done before. They are clearly well-proven, given that [Williams] is a championship division-three school. I can see the results.”

Ms. Teaford’s favorite aspect of the School has been the accessibility to the I.D. Lab. She enjoys helping students create and learn in the space, both during the summer and throughout the school year. Moreover, she will miss Choate’s strong community between students and teachers.