Departing Faculty – Choate’s Guide Abroad, Ms. Sarah Boisvert, Departs

Photo by Nick Visuthikosol/The Choate News

After six years as Choate’s Director of Global Programs, Ms. Sara Boisvert is leaving the position to work at the Collegiate School in Richmond, Virginia as the Director of Collegiate’s Institute for Responsible Citizenship.

Ms. Boisvert came to Choate in July of 2013, as the School’s second Director of Global Programs. She has overseen Term Abroad and service and educational trips. Ms. Boisvert has also been an assistant coach for junior varsity girls basketball, a day-student adviser, and an adviser in Nichols and the Kohler Environmental Center.

Ms. Boisvert has served on numerous committees, including the Diversity Education Committee, through which she helped plan Diversity Day, the Faculty Committee, and the Gakio-Walton International Scholars Committee.

“As one of the committee members for the Gakio-Walton program, I’ve personally known Ms. Boisvert since I was a freshman,” said Nikki Wasomi ’19. “I have always admired her for her crazy good organization skills and the way she was able to juggle transport arrangements and endless meetings.”

Wasomi added, “She also has one of the biggest hearts I know. She was no doubt a key figure that helped me comfortably adjust in the United States when I was a confused international student in 2015, and I am forever grateful.”

Looking back at her time at Choate, Ms. Boisvert said that she’ll miss the diversity, energy of the student body, and its willingness to engage in conversations on wide-ranging topics, particularly ones that challenge and push the status quo.

“It’s hard to pick just one favorite memory as there have been many experiences I have enjoyed in my time here,” Ms. Boisvert said. “Traveling with students and colleagues to places around the world has been a highlight, as was coaching and hosting mug nights in my house. I will also miss my colleagues and their dedication to their work and the school.”