Where Did the Crazy Nights Go?

What’s the hardest part of being home this term, rather than in Quantrell? I feel a sense of being lost after 12:00 a.m. In the dorm, I would usually be chugging through all of the work I had procrastinated on until a hoard of dorm-mates either barged through my door or made a ruckus in the common room. Though I enjoyed my interactions with my dorm-mates when I would help them with homework or hang out with them in my room until 3 a.m., I thought I could use this remote spring term as a chance to catch up on some sleep. But, I’ve found that I can’t fall asleep these days. I’m missing desperately those late-night rushes of energy and fun.

I would like to give a shout out to all the boys in Quantrell who distracted me from my work and made me ask for more extensions this year than all of my previous years at Choate combined. I wouldn’t have traded my experience in the dorm this year for anything else. The only downside was getting a modicum amount of sleep, especially when you all decided it would be a great idea to have a “Trailer Park Boys” binge in my room right before our SATs.

You all opened my eyes to the world, whether by blasting music during my sleep-ins or convincing me that I do, in fact, have the potential to achieve my dreams. I only knew a few of you before this year, and I’m now proud to say that our shared experiences, though mostly rambunctious, were a nice distraction from the stress of school and gave me a set of brothers for life.