The No-Regret Choate Experience

Coming to Choate as a new sophomore, I had no idea what to expect. I didn’t expect that I would spend three years living above the Andrew Mellon Library with advisers who would become my second moms or that I would meet friends and teachers who would help me grow into the best possible version of myself. I didn’t expect the late-night talks, or the blood, sweat, and tears shed into Lake Quonnipaug and the Larry Hart Pool. Of course, I couldn’t have expected to attend a graduation from my home on May 31. These past few months have allowed me to realize how valuable those awkward hellos on the path, those dance parties in Lib Lob, and those long hours spent singing in the Seymour St. John Chapel were. I didn’t realize how much real estate these experiences took up in my heart until they were ripped away from me before I had the chance to say goodbye. To all the underclassmen, I know everyone will tell you this, but cherish every single moment, and do that thing that you are on the fence about. Never regret experiences; use them as learning opportunities instead. Sing at the top of your lungs with your friends on the path, dance your heart out at a SAC dance, have a debate in the dining hall, look up at the stars from the soccer field, and find people who make you laugh until you can’t breathe. Those moments will make everything worth it, no matter what happens down the line.